Batch/Macro conversion of footnotes to frames for sidenotes

Could there be a way to batch/macro convert all the footnotes in a document into frames?
I know I’ll have to fine tune them later, but it’s a dissertation and I’d like to compose it “a la Tufte” style and selecting hundreds of footnotes manually will be too painful…

I didn’t understand your term “frames for sidenotes”. I know what a Textframe is, but there isn’t anything like a Sidenote, and nothing not actually being a footnote can support the full functionality. . You will have to explain.

If this mainly is about how to access footnots to be able to apply ujser code to them, youi should find a suggestion in my anwer to this recent thread.

@Lupp, I think the OP needs to take already existing footnotes and transfer them into frames than hang in the margins, each one anchored near to the anchor point of the original footnote. There is already a “marginalia” frame style defined by default in Writer. A macro for this task should search for text formatted with the footnote paragraph style, copy it, insert a properly formatted frame anchored to the point in which the original footnote was anchored, paste the copied text inside the frame and, possibly, delete the original footnote.

Well, I think I guessed correctly concerning the term ‘Sidenote’. I just didn’t find it explained for LibO, in the help e.g.
If you had a look into the macro contained in the related example from the other thread I mentioned, you will know, that I didn’t scan the text for paragraph styles to find the footnotes, but accessed them directly from the respective document property. I would still prefer this way. You can get every information you need from the FootNote object. You may create a frame including it, and you may create a series for caption numbering dedicated to sidenotes. The OQ may proably find the time to work it out.

By the way: RoryOF from the pointed me to this old thread offereing a solution for FootNotes <===> SideNotes implemented as a Python macro, and even an .oxt entension containing it. However, when I tried it, it didn’t work with LibreOffice above V