Behavior of textxbox with multiple lines

On a standalone form I have a textbox for a table field named “Nota’s” that allows the user to enter free-form or unstructured info. One record at the time is shown on the form.
When I set that textbox in the form as “Single line” all works well. But when I make it “Multiple lines” then the following occurs considering that most records have nothing filled in on the field.
Start stepping thru the records all normal until I hit the first record with some string in this field. Info shows OK. But when I step further, that string remains in the textbox, no matter whether those records have something to show or not. In fact, when I hit another record which has something to display, it does not replace this string, but superimposes its info on the first one, making it unreadable.
Simply changing the property of that field to single or multiple line back and forth, triggers or removes this behavior.

It’s a known bug under Linux/KDE. See Bug 155637. Will be solved in LO 24.8.1, which has just been released.

1 Like

Just installed 24.8.1, and tested. Issue solved indeed. Tx a lot