I got blurry image after copy-pasted from website to LibreOffice. Searched around no solution found thus this thread.
It make me no more fun to write in PC!
But it seems a common issue at LibreOffice & MS.Office? Maybe relate to HiDPI screen? In macOS high Sierra , people reported blurry PDF in Preview too.
Hereby my test conditions:
- macOS 10.13.2, LibreOffice 22.214.171.124,
- macOS 10.13.2, MS.Office 2016
- Windows 10 x64, MS.Office 2016
- Screen_1: 2560 x 1440(native) but scaled to 1600x900
- Screen_2: 1920 x 1080
also I notice the page scale ratio is not consistent, If only Screen_1, 85% as readable; but if extended to Screen_2, it must be 130%!
My trial methods are:
- Copy a website image(which is a .png), and paste directly into LibreOffice, it is then blurry and not readable,
- Also I tried to download that png and insert, same blurry results
- Under context menu “compress”, I can play with ratio or dpi, but that still not satisfied, not a reliable solution
- Convert png to eps and insert got sharp image, but size too big and mouse scroll very slow
Edit_1: Do you have the same issue? if not, please let me know your setting. thanks!
I think I may find the reason(not solution yet)!
jut now I did a test, set laptop only and with native resolution of 2560x1440 for macOS LibreOffice, copy same source image from website, paste into LibreOffice, voila! same sharp image as original. Also I save the file, then open with extended Screen_2, image remain clear!
So it seems LibreOffice use OS system info to scale/compress the image while pasting into LS.Writer! That means a algorithms of calculation of image size for example, most probably it has a global value/ratio and a local ratio, if 2 times calculated/resize, the image will be largely compromised thus blurry!
Now I have tried 3 word processing software in macOS 10.13.2, here the findings:
(LibreOffice = LO), MS.Office2016 = MO, Apple.Pages = AP)
- For single screen (HiDPI 2560x1440 scaled to 1600x900), LO in A4 100% scale is exactly the size of A4 paper! But MO and AP both needs to scale to 183%!
- If copy & paste an image:
- LO get as clear as original if 100% scaled, but if zoomed up/down after then, it is blurry; Also if initial scale was not 100%, zoom will be blurry. But export to PDF no problem (at least if initial scale was 100% while C&P);
- MO & AP get almost lossless zoom-ability! also PDF export is clear.
Above is only at single screen test.