Bug replacing text with the letter a or A

Hi guys,

Would appreciate some help. I’ve been using Libre Office for 2 years. Just recently all of my saved files are now labelled with a repeating A or a keystroke symbol and anything I copy and then try to paste in to Libre Office has all of the text replaced with the same A or a keystroke symbols. Any ideas?!

Thanks,

james

Do you mean that the text of, let’s say, 50 characters is replaced by a single letter A or by 50 A’s? In the first case, you might accidentally press a key with a lot of text selected, overwriting the selection, in the second, I don’t know what’s going on.

Can you upload a sample file at a public free hosting site like Can you upload a sample at for instance www.mediafire.com ?

You didn’t mention the version of LO where that happens, nor on what operating system. Regardless, the behavior that you describe is undesirable to say the least. And I can’t reproduce it. It’s best to reset your user profile - see http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426 for help how to do that. If you didn’t get LO from the official website, uninstall it and download the real thing and install that.

Yeah, it’s replaced by multiple A’s depending on how much text I try to bring across. It’s really weird… Thanks for responding!