Bullet points not showing up in document.

When I type with a bulleted list in libreoffice, it doesn’t show the bullet point. When I export it to pdf, it’s not there either. When I look at the different styles of the bullets, it doesn’t show up in the menu. However, when I click “preview in browser” it shows up. How do I get it back? It used to work, and I downgraded from fresh to still.

Which LibreOffice version and operating system are you using?

[How to find out the version number information for LibreOffice?](https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/General/107)
In which file format do you save?

What do you see in the sidebar under Styles > List Styles? Is the bullet visible? I suspect the bullet has been replaced with a non-printing character or a space. The web browser replaces any bullet character with a standard bullet which is why it is visible in the web preview.

If a bullet isn’t visible in one of the list styles in the sidebar, right-click on that style and select Modify. In the dialog click the tab Customise, then beside Character click the button labelled Select. In the special character dialog that appears type Bullet into the Search field, and select Open Symbol from the Font field. OK out

I suspect the bullet has been replaced with a non-printing character or a space. The web browser replaces any bullet character with a standard bullet which is why it is visible in the web preview.

In the sidebar, select Styles and then the List styles. Right-click on the bullet • style and select Modify.

image description

In the dialog click the tab Customise, then beside Character click the button labelled Select.

In the special character dialog that appears type Bullet into the Search field, and select Open Symbol from the Font field, click on the • to select it. OK out

In case OP builds the bullet list with the toolbar button, the settings are in Format>Bullets & Numbering.