Bypassing Read-Only mode when opening a file from a external drive

Context:

I have a series of spreadsheets I use and like to keep inside an encrypted external drive (this is to reduce the risk of data being stored on the editing device).

I have ensured the File / Properties / Security / Open File Read-Only - is NOT selected.

Issue:

Every time I decrypt the drive and access the .ods files - it opens them in read-only with the accompanying read-only banner. Any attempt to edit the documents (even after selecting ‘Edit Mode’ in the read-only banner) cannot be saved. Attempting to save the file to any directory under any file name results in the following errors:

Error saving the document [new File name]: [File Directory] does not exist.
Error saving the document [original File name]: Write Error. The file could not be written.

This issue is a new and didn’t occur as recently as 3 months ago. I’m not sure what caused the change. My current workflow is to copy the entire document into a new spreadsheet and save it that way.

Question:

Is there any way to resolve this issue and edit files on an external drive without them being saved with the read-only tag? or, Is there a way to bypass this issue with an alternative workflow?

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Version Details

Version: 7.3.7.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.5
Calc: threaded

Installed or snap? IMHO snap does auto-updates, so there might be a problem with rights for the container…
On the other side: Is your software to decrypt closed? May there be a handle to the file left. I see “read-only” often on networks.

after verifying that I had write permissions on the external volume and all subfolders and files, I solved the problem of opening in “Read only” mode as follows:
menu “Libre office” “preferences”, tab “security”, button “Macro security”, button “Trusted sources” and I added the paths in the “Trusted files location” area of ​​my external drives.
OS mac Sonoma 14.6.1
Libre Office 24.2.5.2