CALC 24.8 crashes on pasting data from BASE query

Open a CALC file, either empty or already containing data. Open a BASE query, and copy one or more lines from the query. Paste the line(s) into CALC, and CALC immediately crashes.

Conditions:

1. I have tried this with several Linux distributions (Debian, Arch, Suse) on different computers. No change. I have not tried this with Windows computers.
  2. The problem does not occur with LO version 24.2, or with any of the older versions that I have used over the years.
  3. The problem occurs with the standard distribution version, and also with the AppImage version.
  4. The problem occurs when using BASE as a front end for MariaDB, or when using a so-called split HSQLDB database. I have not tried using BASE with the standard embedded database.
  5. The problem occurs whether the copied line(s) contain only numbers, or numbers plus text.

For now I can revert to version 24.2, which works as expected.
Thanks in advance for any help about this.

Which version exactly do you use? I could drag and drop a query from Base (internal HSQLDB) to Calc without any problem with

Version: 24.8.1.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: ef51c4a0cd35185debf25ad9d0db6a1c14bed5a0
CPU threads: 6; OS: Linux 6.4; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Tested with OpenSUSE 15.6

@RobertG
I see that you have a slightly different version of LibreOffice from what I have. Opensuse community version, maybe?

At the moment I’m on a pc with Arch Linux, and I have the problem with split databases and also with embedded databases.
These are the LO specs (normal installation from the repository):
Version: 24.8.0.3 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 480(Build:3)
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 6.6; UI render: default; VCL: kf6 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: de-DE (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
24.8.0-3

If I try with the AppImage version, then the same crash occurs.
AppImage specs:
Build ID: 0bdf1299c94fe897b119f97f3c613e9dca6be583
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 6.6; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: de-DE (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US

It looks like there might have been a fix between 24.8.0 and 24.8.1?

tdf#162446 (I fixed it after I introduced it, before anyone even saw it, but it was too late for 24.8.0).

1 Like

OK, thanks. I’ll look for the next update.

Drag&Drop operations work. I dragged query icons and manual record selections from Base and from the data source window into Calc.

Build ID: 0bdf1299c94fe897b119f97f3c613e9dca6be583
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: x11
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: en-US

Rigorous testing is essential after each commit to ensure quality and reliability.

What did you intend to tell?

I just want to clarify, for my better understanding, was you trying to tell, that someone didn’t do something that they were obliged to do? That you declare someone guilty of something? Were your words meant to convey “you must do this and that, or stop contributing, if you don’t”? Or maybe I just misunderstood your idea?