Calc 4.0.3.3 crashes on Win 7 x64 when pasting 6,000 rows from Excel

Calc Version 4.0.3.3 (Build ID: 0eaa50a932c8f2199a615e1eb30f7ac74279539)

I can’t check if it’s a known bug as “It seems there is a problem to connect with Bugzilla. Please try again later” today.

However, every year, I get an Excel spreadsheet sent to me which needs re-jigging. For the last 3 years, I simply load Libreoffice (well, OO 3 last time), copy and paste and it works just fine.

Some of the formulae are complex and that’s why I use LO as it has a nicer formula editor, however, it immediately crashes on paste. When document recovery happens, it hasn’t saved the paste.

More to the point, it’s only this year with LO 4 that it’s started crashing.

Anything else I can do to diagnose?

This sounds like it may be related to bug fdo#59040. There is a large test file and full Windows debug log available in that bug. You can try to produce your own backtrace if you like, but under Windows it is a bit of work.

Also, bug fdo#60021 may be related if you are hitting CTRL+A to select the entire sheet before copy and paste. This one appears to be a particularly nasty factoring-type problem.

Thanks @oweng - you’re right, it seems that it’s CTRL-A that does it. I’ll go and add to that bug report.