Calc 7.6.4.1 behavior change in frozen RTL sheets in XLSX file

Hey,
I’ve recently opened an XLSX file that contains RTL sheets (in the “Sheet” menu, the “Right-to-Left” option is tagged) with a frozen cells view (say, columns A and B and row 1 are fixed in place) in Calc 7.6.4.1.
In previous versions of Calc, the RTL option is applied first, and then the freeze, so I might look at a screen with these cells in this order, with the area below the line and left of the exclamation marks fully scrollable:

H1, G1, F1, E1, B1, A1
---------------------
H5, G5, F5, E5! B5, A5
H6, G6, F6, E6! B6, A6
H7, G7, F7, E7! B7, A7
H8, G8, F8, E8! B8, A8

But now it seems the freeze takes hold first, and only then the RTL, resulting in this confusing order, with the area below the line and right off the exclamation marks scrollable:

B1, A1, H1, G1, F1, E1
--------------------
B5, A5! H5, G5, F5, E5
B6, A6! H6, G6, F6, E6
B7, A7! H7, G7, F7, E7
B8, A8! H8, G8, F8, E8

Anyone familiar with this phenomenon? is this a feature and not a bug? if so, how can I revert to the previous standard?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Please provide a sample file to check for others.
The described behaviour looks like a bug, and if it is an unexpected change it would also qualify as a bug.

Bugs shall be reported at bugzilla, but it will be best to have an example to upload there to.

1 Like

thanks! :slight_smile:
preparing an example, I’ve recreated it with and ODS file, so I know it’s not an XLSX issue.
the ODS is attached:
RTL gone wrong example.ods (11.1 KB)

umm… bugzilla… found it! :slight_smile:
I’ll report it there, including the example file.
Thank you kindly.

I was disturbed before adding the link

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_severity=normal

1 Like