CALC ALT+Down Arrow Selection List Filter

I have a long column of items in Calc. When entering data into a new cell, Calc automatically inserts the next nearest matching previous entry in that column. Great. However, if I want a similar but not the same entry, I have to either type more text or use ALT+Down Arrow to bring up a selection list with all possible entries. This list is not filtered to the text i have already entered into the cell.

I.e Column entries: Item One, Item Two, Item Three, Item Three and Four, Item Five

If I want to enter “Item Three and Four” a second time in a different row, Calc will present me with “Item One” as soon as enter “I”. To get “Item Three”, I type the remaining letters “tem Th” at which time i can continue entering “and four”.

I could also type ALT+Down Arrow which would give me a selection drop-down with all column items listed. If this list is several tens or humbreds long I have to scroll through every entry to get the one I want (hopefully not near the end of the list).

Can this selection list be filtered to only show entries based on the text I already have in the cell and filter all the other entries in the list out or should I file a feature request?

Ctrl+Tab/Shift+Ctrl+Tab are also available.

Thank you Mike, I wan’t aware of CTRL+TAB, etc. It’s possibly the closest I’ll get to a letter limited sorted drop-down selection list. Not quite what I was after but still faster that what I’ve been doing. Thanks for the tip.