[Calc] Automatic Generation of Independent ColorScales

Hello, people!

I’m looking for some help from the community since I’m struggling with what I think should be an easy task.

I’ve got a quite big table (some 100 cols and thousands of rows) and I would like to apply a 3 colors ColorScale to each row independently. I can manually select each row and apply the color-scale but it would take ages.

How can I do this efficiently?

Let’s say I apply a 3 colors ColorScale to the first row (A1:A100). Then, when I try to copy-paste the format to the following rows, I would expect a new conditional formatting rule (color-scale in my case) to be created. Instead, Calc just extend the range of the existing rule (from A1:A100 to A1:B100).

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance!

Version Info:
Version: 7.5.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 50(Build:2)
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 4:7.5.5~rc2-0ubuntu0.20.04.1~lo2
Calc: threaded

Hello @PiaDA and welcome!
No, you cannot do this in one operation. It’s not for nothing that this Condition is called “All cells” and not “All cells that are needed”.
I have a counter question - why are you doing this? For testing, I created a test table with a hundred columns and a quarter of a thousand rows, colored it in your way and almost lost my eyes - it’s impossible to see anything in this jumble of colors. In addition, Calc started working very, very slowly - of course, it needs to do a tremendous amount of work to draw this mosaic. So I ask - why do you need this? Perhaps you just need to mark a few really important cells in each row rather than coloring everything?

I’m trying to do this because I received a request from my PI, who prefers having everything ready to be able to freely filter afterwards based on the specific situation.
In conclusion, I just have to switch spreadsheet app for this task.

By the way, thanks for your quick response!