Calc crashes on editing cell names (v

Whenever I try to edit a cell name via the range indicator, libreoffice automatically crashes. I also tried using the name menu (ctrl+f3), but again, the program crashes when I press “ok”.

Hi @Msebas, I can’t reproduce the issue, this happen also with a file from scratch?, in this case please try resetting the user profile.

Hi. No, it’s quite a complex file in fact, but it’s the first time it happened. I try resetting the user profile and keep having the same problem. I’m using Ubuntu 12.04 if it helps noting.

EDIT: I have two user folders (libreoffice> 3 and 4). I had backuped and deleted the user folder on the “4” folder. Now I repeated the user profile reset procedure on BOTH folders, and the problem seems to be solved.

I had the same problem with a complex workbook. It makes substantial use of conditional formatting (I switched from LibreOffice 4.1 to 4.2 because conditional formatting is quite broken in the latter). Resetting my profile, i.e., renaming the ‘user’ directory to ‘user.bkup’ while no LibreOffice processes are running, seems to have solved the problem.

Please could you report the issue in, add a sample file would be very useful.

I’m getting this bug as well; it seems like a regression of

Same problem for me on two different computers with two different versions of Ubuntu (12.04 and 13.10) and LibreOffice
The issue does not occur when I create a new calc file and define a set of cell names. However when I save the file and reopen it for editing I cannot manage cell names any longer.
For instance, if I move a named cell to a new position the name remains linked to the old cell (this didn’t happen in previous versions of Calc I used). Then if I try to use the “manage” command to reconnect the name with the new cell, Calc crashes as described in the previous comments.
I’ve tried to rename the ‘user’ directories but the problem survives.

Same issue, Linux version I have a complex spreadsheet in which any use of “Manage Names” now crashes the spreadsheet. Restting the ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user folder did not prevent the crashes in my case, unfortunately.

Sorry to chime in just to say “me too”, but I’m registering the same issue on LO on Mac OS X 10.6.8. Resetting my profile didn’t change anything, unfortunately.

Seems as fdo#75741 is related to, that has been resolved a couple of weeks ago.