Calc date formatting problem

Hi,

I have just upgraded LO Portable to 7.2.0.4.build 9a9c6381e3f7a62afc1329bd359cc48accb6435b and when I format date cells to a custom format of NN DD MMM YY or NN DD MMM YY HH:MM the cell content is minute, clicking on it however the size is normal but shows the format as 24/05/2021. The formatting is not being applied and the text so tiny that it is unreadeable.Formatting with D/MM/YY displays correctly.

In fact pasting anything into a cell, Calc ignores the font properties selected. For example pasting gfhghfghfgh when looking up the cell format window reveals the format to be currency.

I have copied as per instructions for fonts on the portableapps.com site - “You can also add the fonts directly to this app by placing them within the Data\fonts directory within the portable app’s main directory.”

No problems with either of these issues in the past. I am on Win10 Pro.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Please upload an ODF type sample file here.

Calc date formatting problem.ods (11.9 KB)
hello Zizi64, file attached
Have added some comments as formatting now changed from Currency to Number - General

1 Like

Isn’t the text too small?
Please note! It also cut off the end of the text after n (ZOOM: 400)

Version: 7.2.0.4 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: fa0a9af5681a0acc7909a705f92c1ada8a658552
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Definitely - but bug reports should go elsewhere :wink:

Thank you very much mikekaganski,

I must have ticked the wrong box when altering the default style (shrink to fit instead of wrap text). Looking good now that that box is unticked.

BTW… are you aware of keyboard shortcuts to enable/disable wrap text father than going through the format menu?

I still can’t work out why when entering text (rather than numbers) in a cell and cheking the format it defaults to Number or .Currency.

Thanks again :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you too eeigor,

Please see my reply to mikekagansk which has resolved my query though you do raise a different anomally which I was not aware of.Hopefully it gets attented to and fixed.

Cheers

Nothing can be fixed until you inform developers - please do :grin:

1 Like

Why has your Default cell style the attribute Shrink to fit cell size?
I used LibO 7.2.0.4 Portable since it was released, and never got the issue using the hard coded defaults. What did you use as your template?
BTW:

• 7.2.0.4 doesn’t look stable to me.
  • Never use 2-digit-year for output! Don’t you remember the “y2k” problem (and hysteria)? Too young?
  • Special characters used in number format codes may be interpreted differently depending on the locale. There should be an automatic conversion for cells being set to the user’s ‘Default’ language. It may be brokne for all or some cases ion 7.2.0

Done:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=144310

Ctrl+M resets the cell’s formatting to the underlying cell style whenever you pasted some data together with trash formatting.