Calc File Corrupted, Opens But Is Blank

I’ve been using LibreOffice for years, mainly for doing my budget each month. I save it and a digital scans of my invoices and important documents to a flash drive. I tried plugging in my flash drive this afternoon and all of the files seem fine with the exception of the Calc file containing my budget. In this workbook I have sheets for every year going back well over a decade. I should have sheets 2008 through 2024, but Calc only pulls up sheet 2011 and it is blank. In the lower left corner it says Sheet 1 of 14 but it only displays the tab for worksheet 2011 and as I said it’s blank. I’ve tried in Google Sheets and also Office365 and while they will see all the worksheets they all are blank. I don’t understand what is going on. I believe I saved the Budget file and ejected the flash drive but am thinking I might’ve not or pulled it out before it was done writing to the file? I’m really at a loss here… Everything else on the drive appears fine with the exception of this one file. Is there a back up stored somewhere by LibreOffice I can try and access? It’s not the end of the world but I’d like to recover this file if at all possible…

There is an extremely small chance a temporary file might exist in the temporary folder defined in Tools - Options - LibreOffice - Paths. Look in there for a folder dated around that time and beginning with lu and ending .temp, e.g. lu123456.tmp

Look inside the folder and copy the largest file elsewhere. Open LibreOffice and from there open the temporary file.

I would not rely on a flash drive for anything except duplicated temporary storage. For the future, this page might help, Preventing data disaster - The Document Foundation Wiki

Basic lesson, if you are using LibreOffice, use the native files, and only save COPY to other formats.

Pen drive is not safe, just one drop and all your files could be lost.

Right click on the 2011 tab and have the option Show spreadsheet…

Thanks everyone… Yeah, the workbook is gone. But it was only a monthly budget, a list of bills paid and such. While yes it did go back several years, does anyone really need to have an Excel style record going back more than a decade? The important thing is that the actual scanned bills themselves and the vendors they come from as well as other important documents are intact; it’s just this workbook that became corrupted. I’ve since saved everything to a back up copy so lesson learned!