Calc freezes when I click on Sort

This, of course, just started: Calc opens and operates fine until I try to do a data sort. I then freezes and I have to hit Esc to allow me to close the program. Any idea how to fix this?

More info, please!

• Operating system
  • Platform (MacOS, Windows, Linux, xBSD, etc.)
  • Generation (version number or nickname)
  • LibreOffice version
  • Generation number (3-4 numbers separated by dot)
  • If on MS Windows, 32 or 64 bit?
  • Do you have a large table to sort?
  • 10 rows?
  • 1000?
  • a million?
  • How did you try to start sorting?
  • Did you select the entire table or one single cell before you requested sorting?
  • Did you request sorting by the toolbar icon or data menu?

Reply:

Operating system W7

LibreOffice version: OO4
Generation number :?
If on MS Windows, 32 or 64 bit: Using 32 bit; have 64 bit
Do you have a large table to sort?: No; but this freezing works on almost nothing in a Calc sheet

How did you try to start sorting?: When I click on “Sort” it highlights all the data on the page then freezes; (the blue Title bar at the top of the page turns grey). I then have to hit Esc to get the title bar back to be able to close the program. This started a few days ago (I think after a Windows update???)
Did you select the entire table or one single cell before you requested sorting?: I had the cursor in one cell, then Calc highlights/selects all the data on the page when I hit “Sort”.
Did you request sorting by the toolbar icon or data menu? Data menu

Problem solved. I am embarrassed to state that the “problem” was due to the action message-box for the sort process did not show up on my laptop screen…it opened on my monitor… which was not in display mode! Time for that brain transplant I guess…

Happens to the best of us.

• Sometimes dialogs go to a screen shared with multiple sources, and wrong source is enabled.
  • Sometimes a double click becomes a triple click, and the popup becomes pop-under.

No worries! I’d put those transplant thougths on hold, like, indefinitely.