Calc has jitters when opening a spreadsheet

When I try to open a Calc spreadsheet, the screen enters a fit stage, never displays the spreadsheet but the screen image is jumping around. When I click on a menu item, multiple copies of the menu item appears and I can not close either menu or spreadsheet.
I have rebooted but the problem starts again as soon as I try to open a spreadsheet.
I can open a new writer document.
Any thoughts as to what I can do to regain calc functionality?
Later: I uninstalled Calc and reinstalled Calc but still can not open a Calc document.
Thanks.

Would help alot when you include Version of LO and what OS you are using

@jorendc – Didn’t you mention something about “screen jitters” ?

At first you can try to reset your user profile following this guide: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile#Resetting_the_user_profile

If this doesn’t solve your problem, see answer of @qubit1

Kind regards

Joren

Hi @turtle,

If installing the latest release doesn’t seem to fix this problem with jitters, it’s possible that there’s something else going on here. Please try the other fixes mentioned on this page, and if none of those work for you, please file a bug and provide a list of steps that can reproduce it. The QA team will be happy to help you track down this issue!

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!

Try modifying the graphics options.