Calc header info not saving

A new calc document. Enter some data. header/footer icon is enabled in tool bar menu so click and enter a header title. save document to a .ods file. Re- open file, header icon disabled and no option in insert/headers and footers. Select format/page style and select header tab - header on is unchecked - check it and click OK. Save file then re-open - header icon greyed out as before and only access to headers is via page style where headers have to be clicked on again. Why is this setting not being saved?
WIN 10
Just upgraded to 7.2.2.2
Version: 7.2.2.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 02b2acce88a210515b4a5bb2e46cbfb63fe97d56
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: en-GB (en_GB); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL
But same happened in previous version 7.2.1

is it related to this bug report?

It’s similar but not the same symptoms. My experience seems more connected to the check box for ‘header on’ not being saved on each and every save.

1 Like

I’m having this identical problem with Headers and Footers. In new Calc spreadsheets Headers and Footer check marks are not being retained, when saved with extension ods (Windows 10, LibreOffice v7.2.2.2). However, they are retained when the same spreadsheet is saved with extension xls. Problem also was in the previous LibreOffice version. However it worked in spreadsheets saved by older versions. But I don’t know when it stopped working…

1 Like