Calc importing text files doesn't use default template text size

So I changed the default text size on Calc by setting up a default template but when I import/open a text/csv file, Calc displays it in the standard Liberation Sans font size 10. Is there way to make the import/opening of a text/csv display in the specs of my default template? thanks !

No. Template is used for new files created from that template. It does not apply to opening any existing files (unless they were created from that template, and the link is active).

But technically nothing prevents us from using the templates for that task; e.g., creating a new document based on the template, selecting all and removing it (in case the template already contains something: there’s nothing that prevents you from creating a template with pre-existing content); and then use the template’s Preformatted Text style to add the content of TXT files… yet that could create an impression that files contain those headers/footers with page numbers and logos that happened to be in your templates.

You are welcome to file an enhancement request.

You are welcome to file an enhancement request.

@mikekaganski - isn’t this already existing #tdf62828 for a long time?

@anon73440385: yes (and there also was a similar request, closed for some reason, for Wroter).

@mikekaganski - I don’t know anything about programming so I apologise if this doesn’t make sense. It seems to me like the best solution would be for a user to be able to declare default font in Tools Options for calc rather than having having to use templates. Using templates to handle default settings sounds like some kind of workaround. I tried to follow your suggestion: “there’s nothing that prevents you from creating a template with pre-existing content); and then use the template’s Preformatted Text style to add the content of TXT files” but just got confused. I’ve seen many questions from users asking how to set a default font because using a template to do that seems counter intuitive and most average users seem unable to figure that out on their own. Maybe a solution is to offer the user font selection or template selection in the “Text Import” box. As for filing an enhancement request, not sure how that works and what it implies.