Calc inadvertently changing numbers to strings

In Calc, after entering manually a value, macro calling that cell.value does not obtain value entered, only 0 (as if the value entered is viewed as a string).
If I apply clear direct formatting on that cell, the value is displayed correctly in the cell but in the input line there is a ’ sign before the value (example instead of 900 it is '900) (becoming string for some reason)
This happens both on numerical keypad and number keys row on keyboard.
What is worse is that without applying clear direct formatting on a cell I have entered some value in, that value is displayed as entered in both the cell and input line (but the macro won’t get the value).
If in that cell i copy over another cell in that sheet, macro gets the value and works.
LO version 6.2.1.2 (x64)

Plus, since starting writing this post, I am having trouble repeating the same problem as when I started writing. I have removed formatting on that cell column (background, outlines). Problem resolved of itself but this is weird…

PS Great work, by the way, love your product.

Occurred to me that yesterday I wanted to run that macro at work on some real data, copied it over and the macro again did not work on sections containing values (worked on strings and dates). Maybe copying from another user/workstation messes things up?

Please do not use the Answer or Suggest a solution button for comments that are not an answer to the original question / solution to the problem, use the Reply or Comment bubble instead, or edit your original question to provide further details. Thanks.

This FAQ.