[Calc] links saving improperly

I’ve added links to URLs in several cells. When saving in .xls format (this sheet has to be .xls; I can’t do .ods), some of the links seem to lose their status as links, instead formatting themselves as blue plain text. See image below.

image description

Note that the top cell text has retained its link,

This was fine earlier, with multiple links working fine in one cell. However, recently, I started getting a general I/O error when trying to save the document, with LibO telling me that the document was locked for editing by another user. That’s weird because the file is stored on my local drive. I saved it with a different name, popped it back open, and it was fine. Shut the computer down, booted it back up today, and the links are gone.

Running LibO 5.3.4.2 on Windows 10. Any ideas?

First thing would be test a newer version (current still branch is 6.0) to see if it has been fixed there. Otherwise, a bug report is expected, with e.g. an ODS with links which convert to simple colored text upon saving to XLS.

If LO don’t know that it is you who is editing a file, that is because you did not set your name in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > User Data

For hyperlink, you should use HYPERLINK() function:

https://help.libreoffice.org/6.0/en-US/text/scalc/01/04060109.html?DbPAR=CALC#bm_id9959410