Hi, there are similar issues here, but they are about old versions on libre, so creating new one. This reddit thread exactly depicts there is a problem: Libre calc is loading native ods files very slowly (not everytime, randomly), but loads the same xlsx file instantly.
Steps to reproduce:
- Close all libre apps;
- Win + R, execute this:
- Rename “user” folder. This will make your libre installation fresh (so no plugins or user settings can be blamed for);
- Launch calc, then close (so new user folder will be created;
- Open these two files with calc: their contents is only one line of text, created by libre calc before. Attaching files here: Untitled 1.ods, Untitled 1.xlsx
- Repeat file closure / reopening for ods file, and for xlsx;
- See the difference, when ods file loading hangs for several seconds (see video, bug is seen in 10");
In real world - loading ods is painfully slow, some libre caching issues? It seems that all ods files are loaded slowly in realworld, but we can notice, that about every 2nd load is faulty…
Windows security settings are completely off (I believe :)): Controlled folder access, realtime scanning, C:, D: *.ods, scalc, soffice are added to exclusion list.
Anyone has a working workaround (not one from LO v4.x? :))
Version: 18.104.22.168 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 53d68d29d90fd16448721a60aad68c28ff0809f5
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19042; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
After reading tracker information, and trying on my system:
Does not work:
- Uncheck checkbox: Tools → Options → Load/Save → General → “Load printer settings with the document” (seems does not do anything);
- Open ods with 7zip and remove printer-related tags from config.xml (did not help for me);
- Go to windows printer settings → Make any “Virtual” printer as system default. It can be “Microsoft XPS Document writer”, or PDFCreator (in my case). Now calc loads ods files at the same speed as xlsx files.
All credits go to @anon73440385 and users in issue tracker.