Calc loads slowly

I’ve recentlty installed UBUNTU and Libre Office. I’m happy with both. Both Calc and Writer load very slowly. About a minute for each. I’ve tried starting in safe mode but it is exactlty the same. I’ve tried changing the Printer to Print to file but when I select Apply it changes back to Printer. Other threads suggest it might be because of my profile or memory options. I cannot find memory options and my profile is blank. Any ideas welcome ?

I’ve tried all those things which is why I posted here.

so you expect people here to guess it all ? :innocent:

hint :

otherwise might not be so fruitful, like back in the days : slow start under Ubuntu 18.04

Latest version of Ubuntu. Latest version of Libre Office. Click on Calc. One minute to load,

Try with setting a print to pdf printer as default printer. As I understand it, print to file might still use the same printer settings and still wait for printer to wake up.

Try also in Tools > Options > Load/Save > General unticking Load printer settings with the document

LTS version? Nightly build? Fresh version? Stable version? This is the guide - How to use the Ask site? - #3 by Hrbrgr

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS
Release: 24.04
Codename: noble

Version: 24.2.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: d29029bfb700ea4a272da1366c5f5e7c14e351b5
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 6.8; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-GB (en_GB.UTF-8); UI: en-GB
Calc: threaded

I don’t have a Print to PDF option. The only options I get are Printer or Print to file. If I select Print to File and Apply it changes it back to Printer.

Calc works fine once loaded but it takes about a minute to load. There is no Printer connected to this PC so it may be searching for one.

Probably Bug 42673 - With disconnected network printers, Calc hangs opening some files (waiting on e.g. the Windows print spooler)

If you can install a pdf print driver on Ubuntu and set that as default printer then that is likely to remove the delay.

Thank you for trying to help Bug 42673. I installed a pdf printer but unfortunately there is no change, Calc still loads very slowly. The software is usable but I think it should load much faster.
Maybe I have to accept that its just a limitation of the product and OS.