calc - make names limited to current sheet by default

Whenever I set a name, I always need to select the sheet manually because by default, all names are global.

That’s a serious pain in the neck. How do I change it s.t. the new default limits the name to the current sheet?

Hi

You can probably make a request for enhancement. The procedure is described here.

But I suppose if this were changed, someone else would ask that we return to “global” by default …

Regards

@pierre-yvessamyn there’s a very simple solution to that: let - the - user - decide what is default. Seriously, I’m not asking for it to become the new default I’m just asking for the option to CHANGE the default for MY documents, and quite honestly, I’m surprised that’s currently not possible because it’s a very simple, very basic feature: just let me select what gets pushed to the top of the dropdown menu.

@DiesNuts, I’m not a developer, just a user. An enhancement request has a better chance of success if it is well argued. My comment had no other purpose than to help you formulate it.

Regards

I think that “Document (Global)” must be the default, but it could be added a check box (next to the Name: field, so Tab, Space, Enter do the job) that say “Only for current sheet”.

It’s not easy when we have a document with many spreadsheets.