Calc "Not Responding" when I copy and paste a formula

I’m using LibreOffice 7.3.3.2 on Mac OS X 10.14.6 and whenever I copy and paste a formula using the keyboard I’m getting the beachball most l the time. The Activity Monitor app shows that LibreOffice is (Not Responding) and I have to force quit LibreOffice. Is this a known issue? How do I stop this from happening? It only seems to be happening on a specific document (size is ~124kb, has 1 sheet, has 8405 cells, has 46 pages, 2257 formula groups).

First steps

Try steps 4 and 2, in that order.

The instructions of step 4 don’t correspond to the app. I’m using LibreOffice v7.3.3.2 for Mac OS X v10.14.6 and the Tools menu has no submenu Options. However, in Preferences, in the LibreOffice section there is an OpenCL subsection and Allow use of OpenCL is currently unchecked. Also, as per 4.3, there is no Allow use of Software Interpreter checkbox. Also, step 4 talks about <user profile>/cache/opencl_devices.log and opencl_profile.xml but I can’t locate these files.

In step 4 there is a link <user profile>, have you looked there?

Yes, but those files are not there. I’m using LibreOffice v7.3.3.2 for Mac OS X v10.14.6 and the Tools menu has no submenu Options . However, in Preferences, in the LibreOffice section there is an OpenCL subsection and Allow use of OpenCL is currently unchecked. Also, as per 4.3, there is no Allow use of Software Interpreter checkbox.

It seems that the documentation isn’t for the Mac OS X version of LibreOffice. Is this also a known issue?

Well, let me put it this way, it is not because too few problems are known.
The problem is that too few people are involved. a) have the necessary knowledge and b) there is too much work to do.

See also:

With respect to your reference and in my case, the formula in cell C1 is being copied to cell C2 and the cells the formulas refer to aren’t automatically update from an external source. And for me to use paste by value would be unnatural and I would have to remember to recalculate and repaste the new value if any of the cells referred to in the formulas change.