Calc ole import of pdf file now opens draw

Opening an existing pdf imbedded object causes an OLE error “Error activating object: General OLE error”. When opening a new imbedded pdf ole object it used to open in Adobe Acrobat but now opens in LO Draw. Also the Ole object icon in the cell displayed the PDF icon but now when I insert a pdf imbedded object (as an icon) in a new cell it just has a folder icon. Has something changed? The release version is 24.2.4.2 (x86_64).
TIA.

I haven’t previously embedded a pdf in a Calc document so I cannot comment on behaviour before.
I have now embedded a pdf in a Calc spreadsheet using LibreOffice 6.4.7.2 (on computer since 2020), the only difference I can see is that the icon for the pdf is an older LibreOffice icon. The pdf opens in Draw.
OLEEmbeddedPDF6-7-4-2.ods (20.6 KB)

Issue resolved by uninstalling PDFgear and Adobe PDF and reinstalling Adobe PDF Reader software. I had been trialing the professional version of Adobe and PDFgear software which messed with the default file extensions - invoking the wrong application. Once I had done all that it now invokes PDF Reader for the imbedded PDF objects. Sometimes it throws an OLE error when loading amended PDF files but it depends on what page it is trying to load initially and how complex it is, but it’s differs when invoking it is retried and on occasions it loads successfully.
Thanks for your assistance.