calc print gridlines - doesn't work !

the options are there in Format / Page / Sheet
… in the print section.

In print preview they don’t show at all ?

If I try to print a page - with no entry on the sheet … e.g. I want a page with the gridlines on, it says “No Data”

… so if I make an entries in some cells … the gridlines are showing … but only as far down as the entry !
e.g if I create a row of numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 - one in each cell, half way down the page … the gridlines don’t go any further down the page.

so, it makes the format page option - non-functional.

if I want to make a page of lines, with a top row as column header … I have to format cells … and do the borders that way.
… this is a long way round of doing a simple task - which print gridlines should do on the format/page/sheet .

Why is it necessary to go through all these steps, to do something so simple? Shouldn’t there be a selection under format (or wherever) that says print empty grid lines? What’s the matter with these coders? Complex never means better!

Hello,

three things to get an empty grid (no data) being printed are required:

1. Deselect Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice Calc -> Print -> Category: Pages -> Option: Suppress output of empty pages (Global application setting - needs to be done once).
  2. Select Format -> Page -> Category: Print -> Option: Grid (could be configured a one-time action by defining in standard template)
  3. Define a print range using Format -> Print Ranges -> Define (The only recurring task)

Hope that helps.