Calc print line to line on a partial page

Here is the deal, I’m Trying to save some paper and ink in the office.

I use spreadsheet to log all task, old and new.
every time there is a new task, a new row at the bottom is added, and it needs to be printed.
I print the whole page again, even thou, most time it only use less than the full page.

what i want is to print the line (row) that i needed on that old page.
say, 1 page can hold #40 row of task.
i used top half of the page to print row #01 - 20.
now i want to use that paper to print row #21- 30 on the bottom unused side of the page.
and the next day i want to use the rest of the page to print row #31 -#40
can it be done?

im on Version: 5.2.7.2 (x64)

You can make a simple experiment. Open any application, then print any single page once, re-load the paper, then print the same page second time, and see if the lines merge. Most probably you will see that there is misalignment, which is caused by imperfection of printer’s paper feeding. And there’s nothing a SW can do about that.

If that’s OK for you, then just experiment with partial printing…

tried that in the past.since most time i need to reprint the same page at least once a day, i becomes too muddy.

(I never did such a thing, but it may be laudable.)

Defne a named cell style, say ‘csNoPrint’, derived from the one you are using in your task lines (most likely ‘Default’). Defining the style properties do not change anything except on the tab ‘Cell Protection’ where you accept ‘Hide when printing’ under ‘Print’.

In advance of printing the next squadron of task rows select all rows above the first new one, and apply ‘csNoPrint’ to it.

Of course you will also need to suppress the printing of old rows if a new page is needed. Do so by defining print ranges.

If the paper guide and ajustement of your printer are not precise enough, LibO cannot do anything about it.

(Amendment:)
You cannot suppress the repeated printing of ‘Header’ and ‘Footer’ this way. Use (define) a ‘Page’ style without these elements.

This do the trick. still need to play around to familiarize with the setting, but over all works.