calc resize chart to update it

This problem has been around for a LONG time, in many versions of LibreOffice. I just upgraded to a clean version of LibreOffice 6.1.6.3 (64) on my Windows 7 machine, and still need to move or resize my charts to get them to update. I’ve tried F9 and F9 and whatever other key combinations I could think of and have never been able to get the chart to update without sliding it around a bit.

My spreadsheets are large and complicated, with one sheet feeding another sheet to do calculations, and that sheet feeding graphs on yet a third sheet. Perhaps the way I set them up is the root of the problem. Perhaps the problem is associated with using a spreadsheet made several generations ago?

Are other users still having this problem, or do I need to somehow redo my spreadsheets to make it go away?

Hardware is dell precision T1500 with NVidia Quadro 4000 graphics card.

Partial solution–tools;options;LibreOffice;view;Use OpenGL for all rendering. Turning on OpenGL reduced the incidence of non-update greatly. I have one graph this morning that will not update a label until dragged, but other than that it has worked flawlessly, even with graphs using data from multiple sheets and which were copied and pasted within the same sheet they were created on. More testing to follow.

I’m also having the same problem. OpenGL didn’t completely fix the problem although it helped a bit.
I also noticed the cutting and repasting the graph in the same place works to update it. Also saving and
reopening the file works too. Neither are convenient.

I am having the same problem. It is really annoying. I have to save + close Calc and have to reload to see changes in data represented in the associated chart.
But this is not the way it used to be. I have been using the file in question for many years, some of the charts in use had been copied and pasted from others and are displaying different data. It just started this annoying behaviour some weeks or months ago (can’t really say).

I have just tried turning on OpenGL. At first glance, this seems to help. But I can not say yet by how much.
At the first moment I was a bit startled though, because the charts looked quite different, mainly regarding the line widths.

No matter what method I use (saving, reopening or activating openGL), I have never been able to update a chart. As the data set gets larger (I am tracking some COVID19 information), it is very annoying to have to make a new chart from scratch every day as I add new data. Is it possible something was done incorrectly by me when I first set up the cart?

Steve2Q - may I have a sample file?

I’ve files with these broken charts since two years, 10 up to 102 MB with mixes of some charts working, others not.

With Calc 7.0.1.2, just opening one file caused all charts to all autoupdate. I’ve never seen that!
Opening a near identical file (using 7.0.1.2 as a potential repair tool) . . . . . suddenly none of it’s charts updated; none at all. Never seen that either! : (

I’m a user yet may be able to put some time in to narrow the subject down. As above, I too thought I’d put in structural problems or too many charts were based on copying sheets (with some Calc bug not knowing what to do with them). I’ve added a comment above with three laborious workarounds, one of which has repair potential, depending on the file perhaps.

Bugs #86321 #136160 #136254 have been created specifically for this topic.
Still reproducible up to an including Version: 7.1.0.0.alpha0+ Build ID: f08ddf3d3df0ef12fef36e96ffe6f5b9a7fda9e3

Readers busy building spreadsheets (like me): some laborious workarounds that may (sometimes) help (while waiting for a debugged version) -

Click on the chart and dragging it a few pixels will cause it to update.
Zoom out (then in) the whole sheet view (using mousewheel if you have one) may work.

Copy the chart, paste the twin on the same sheet. The twin often autoupdates(!), the original can be deleted.
Don’t know if that works for everyone.

Note: OpenOffice (Apache) has the same flaw since 2014 up to 2020 (all after version 4.01).
(forum-test.openoffice.org t=71092 p=370292).
The pertinence is that Libreoffice Calc 4.1.3.2 could open those same files and the charts worked with LO.
Attempting to open LO Calc files with broken charts using Apache (2019), the x,y scatter remains immobilised on both softwares. So, it’s else than guaranteed yet reports exist of being able to recover a file by switching application/OS.

I have, once, only once, been surprised that 7.0.1.2 on Fossa Ubuntu 20.04 “refreshed” or “repaired” a file with broken charts. The software shows charts working - and the saved file then works everywhere else too!

That file was under evolution since two years (using Calc 6.3.4 on a different workstation Ubuntu Bionic 18.04) - and all the charts now work. It was/is a huge relief. So; Trying that out on a twin 6.3.4 file to recover more - (hoping to use Calc 7.0.1.2 on Fossa as a recovery tool) . . . it opened the file, saved it - none of the charts work any more, none at all. This attempt at workaround or getaround is All or Bust!