Can an LO Base Main Form be swapped with a subform?

I have an existing Base Main Form that contains 3 subforms. I would like to exchange one of the subforms with the Main Form and have the other 2 subforms be subforms of this “new” Main Form. Is there a way to do this?

I tried dragging the Main Form under the subform I want to be the “new” Main Form, but that doesn’t seem to work.

I am using LO 6.0.7.3 and Ubuntu 18.04.

Hello,

To a point - yes. First make certain you make a copy of the form in case of crossed hands and something goes amiss.

Using Form Navigator, select the sub form to be the new main form. Drag it to the very top Forms and release. It becomes a high level form. From there you can drag the old main form onto this new main form so it becomes a sub form.

Now the old main form still has two other forms which were sub forms and are now sub sub forms. You also need to drag these onto the new main form so you get your three sub forms back.

Now the forms are in order but you still need to verify and modify form/sub form properties. Of particular note would be master/slave links in all four. There may be other settings affected depending upon your design.

Edit:

Although using v6.3.4.2 not sure that is a problem. Here is my current test:

Start:

image description

Make Oils a main form - drag to Forms:

image description

Release button:

image description

It is now a main form (primary if you will) and the process can continue from there.

I have tried to drag the subform I want to be the Main Form to the top. The cursor becomes the icon of a form, but when I release the mouse button, nothing happens. Is there something I should be looking for or a setting that I need to alter? I remember from earlier releases of LO that I could drag subforms around.

Are you using a distro version of LO?

I actually got the subform I want to be the Main Form on the same level with the Main Form. Then I moved the Main Form under the subform I had elevated. After some finagling with the forms and moving the actual locations, I think I have it working. It needs a litle more testing, but at least I seem to be making progress.

I am using the distro version from Ubuntu 18.04.

I’m still not sure why I couldn’t do it straight forward as you suggested. I used to be able to do that.

Personally I stay away from distro versions - seen too many problems because of packaging and releases are usually slow. I use TDF versions for personal reasons but PPA is the recommended way for Ubuntu.