Can I import additional sheet including macros into existing spread sheet

Hi all.
I have an existing spread sheet for working out my VAT, it uses macros to do various tasks and this all works fine.

HMRC have introduced ‘making tax digital’ other wise known as ‘making tax difficult’ depending on your point of view.

To comply with this I have download a spreadsheet that I can use to link my data to and then submit. my VAT

The sheet comes for This website and contains macros.

I can import the sheet in the normal way - tab - insert sheet - and so on but it doesn’t include the macros from the original imported file.

Is it possible to import the sheet including the macros or am i missing something obvious.

Regards Neil

Install Microsoft Excel.

Hi Neil,

We use LO Calc for our purchases and sales, and producing our Making Tax Digital VAT return, we us a company called #Gofile (formally 1Click Accounts) as the bridge to HMRC. You just need to create a textCSV file in LO Calc and import it to #Gofile. We create a .xlsx file with the required info(to keep for audit), then save it as Text CSV for import. We have been doing this since March 2019 without any issues. Sample file attached.

Let us know if this helps

LO 7.3.3.2 Windows 10 home
2022_MTDVAT.xlsx (5.5 KB)

Removed, sorry added to wrong question.