Can I insert a picture into Calc the same size as the cell

I need to insert a picture into a cell in a list, I want the picture to go into the cell the same size without having to resize it. Can this be done?
(I am doing it by right clicking then anchoring it to the cell then right clicking again and sizing it to the cell, it works but very slow)

Also when I try to put one picture under another in my list, the second cell wipes out the picture in the 1st cell, is this right? (It’s ok I now have two columns so I alternate which is ok but not great).

Thanks for all you help, I’m a complete newby at LibreOffice, but I taught microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook, back in the day where I worked, I’ve not got my head around LibreOffice ‘Access’ yet, looks a lot harder than Access ever was!

…when I try to put one picture under another in my list, the second cell wipes out the picture in the 1st cell,

How can a cell wipe out a picture? Please explain more clearly what happned.

What’s your version?

In recent versions of Calc images should be anchored to the focus cell by default when being inserted. Fit to Cell Size from the context menu of the image should then do what you want. The aspect ratio will not be changed.

Is there a way to “Anchor to Cell (resize with cell)” but also preserve aspect ratio?

The “Anchor to Cell” feature is awesome and works as expected.
The “Fit to Cell Size” feature does just what is expected.
The “Anchor to Cell (resize with cell)” feature would be expected to respect Context->Position and Size->🗹 Keep ratio option, but it does not.

Resizing row height squishes the image to match without resizing image width.

Resizing row width tracks the width of the cell, but not perfectly - at some narrowness the image doesn’t squeeze completely into the cell and leaks into the next.

Is there an option like “Anchor to Cell (resize with cell, keep ratio)”?