Can I jump to a specific worksheet via keyboard shortcuts?

I have 40 worksheets. Each has a unique name.
I’d like to navigate directly to each sheet.

In MS Excel, I had set a name to topmost cell (e.g. A1’s name > david).

Then, when I want to jump to that worksheet,

1. I press Ctrl+G (goto)
  2. I write “david”
  3. I press Enter

That’s the shortest way I could find.

Is there any equivalent in Libre Calc ?
for now, I know 2 options:

1. F5 (navigation) (closes existing dialog) > F5 (starts & focus the dialog) > TAB > TAB > TAB > then arrow keys or 1st letter of worksheet name.
  2. manually Ctrl+PgDn all the way to the desired sheet
  3. write a macro

Hello,

just type the sheetname into the range field (name box) of the formula bar leftmost. An info box “Go To Sheet” will appear and just press Enter:

image description

Hope that helps.

If the answer helped you to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.

Note the shortcut - Ctrl+Shift+F5 by default - to move to the Name Box.

@mikekaganski - thanks, searched for a shortcut but with no luck, thus already considered to delete the answer since it doesn’t meet OP’s requirement to be keyboard-only solution

Right click on “+” sign to left from sheet tabs and you’ll see context menu with list of all your sheets. You can select any and jump to it

This is similar to what you get via the Navigator - which has a scrollbar in addition.
The questioner’s problem seems to be the large number of sheets.
I tried and got (on my screen with my settings) a maximum of 48 sheets shown at a time with the “+ rightclick”. If the sheets are not sorted in an obvious way the lookup may take some time. In case of known names @anon73440385’s suggestion may be superior.

Yet, the Navigator variant does also allow to perform the search using keyboard only, and without long search: F5 to open Navigator; Tab×3 to go to the list; if needed, navigate to “Sheets” node using arrow keys, and expand it using Enter or right arrow; either use arrow keys again, or start typing the sheet name (will only work if typing is fast enough).

I sometimes have docked (correct expression?) the Navigator inside a sidebar. Calling it with F5 does not move the keyboard focus to it then.

@Lupp: yes, in that case you only (?) can use F6 to finally switch to the Navigator pane.

You can use Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to go to the next or previous sheet, respectively. Or you write a macro and assign a shortcut to the macro.

Example

sub Jump
dim oDocument  as variant
oDocument   = ThisComponent.CurrentController.Frame
dim oDispatcher as variant
oDispatcher = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper")
dim sNr as string
sNr = InputBox("Enter sheet number", "Jump To Table","1")
dim nNr as integer
nNr = CInt(sNr)
dim args1(0) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
args1(0).Name = "Nr"
args1(0).Value = nNr
oDispatcher.executeDispatch(oDocument, ".uno:JumpToTable", "", 0, args1())
end sub