Can I retain "Freeze Rows & Columns" when copying or moving to another LO Calc document?

I use “Freeze Rows & Columns” in nearly every spreadsheet I create. If I need to move or copy a sheet to another location within the same document, the frozen rows & columns are retained. However, when I want to move or copy it to a different Calc document, it loses the frozen formatting. Sure, I just need to redo said freezing, but it’s annoying.

I doubt it matters, but my system is a Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.1 Pro. Whenever I update the LO version, I hope this was fixed; the current version is 7.0.4.

Whenever I update the LO version, I hope this was fixed; the current version is 7.0.4.

You hope something to happen, without notifying someone (i.e. developers in this case) about your wish? Sorry, but that sounds strange to me. Please file an enhancement request at https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/ if you desire something to be implemented.

I was HOPING that I am not the first user to discover this problem and that this community had a solution. If neccesary, I will do as you suggest.

… sorry nitpicking and to insist you wrote “hope this was fixed…” and even using uppercase won’t change that to some other meaning.

I’m not trying to change my meaning. I meant what I said.

Now, try to imagine which words of profanity I’d like to call YOU.

Hi @Xoanon65, to duplicate a spreadsheet:

Ctrl + drag the spreadsheet to copy to desired location

and then rename as desired.

I tried it, but it does not work. The frozen rows and columns are still becoming unfrozen. It works within the same document, but not copied or moved to a different Calc document.

Did it actually work for you?

Sorry! tested only on the same file.

Thanks for trying. Anyway, it gave me the opportunity to check out your webpage.