Can I return more than 1 value from a table lookup in Base?

In Base I need to return multiple values using a single lookup in a second table. I’m creating a handicap database for golfers. Main table is “Games” table. A game can be played on any course using a choice of tee boxes. Each tee box is unique and carries specific numeric values (slope and rating) which are used to calculate the handicap. For any given game I need to look up the course, select the tee box and return the tee box name, slope and rating back to the Games table for storage and further calculations. Any ideas?

Hello.

Any ideas?

It is always best to provide some basic information - OS, Specific LO version and with Base the database used as this can affect the way in which the question is answered.

Sounds like you just need an SQL statement to return the results wanted. But this is difficult from what you provide. With the above requested information and a sample (this is needed to give a specific statement) help can be further provided.

Please edit your question with this information. Please do not use an Answer for this.

With still trying to get a handle on the question, it appears you want to update a table with data based upon information in another table(s) based upon a selection made. If so, this looks like a case for writing a macro (this is specific to your situation) or using SQL through an Update statement (clumsy if a repeating type issue).

HI, I’m using Windows 10, LO 6.4, Firebird 3.0. I was able to get an SQL statement to work in a limited way. As I am new to SQL and LO Base, I’m on a steep learning curve and I appreciate your help.