Can Impress be made to advance slides automatically at larger intervals than 99.99 seconds?

Under the “Slide Transition” tab, below where you select that you want to advance the slide automatically, there is a field to enter a number of seconds that the slide will show before advancing. The maximum value that seems possible to enter is 99.99 seconds. Any larger number will be automatically reduced to this value.

Can this field be customized to accept larger amounts of time? Would someone who understands the programming and code and such be able to explain how to do so in steps that a somewhat crafty layperson could follow? Maybe a line or two of code could be changed to accommodate minutes and seconds, or even just a larger number of digits so that I could put in up to 1000 seconds or so.

Thank you kindly

I feel you need to write an enhancement request. May I ask you to please file an enhancement request and publish the link here so others can add there comments.

Until someone changes the program to accept a larger value in transitions why not add two copies of the slides concerned, effectively doubling the period it will display?

How logical! Thanks for the idea.

Looks like this issue is being addressed at bugzilla

fdo#67834 and fdo#74468