can libre office convert a msworks file?

Hi. I am new to Windows 10 and a new HP laptop. I have had Windows XP since its inception, and always used the free msWorks program for document creation. I’m planning to download LibreOffice to my new laptop, but only if I can convert all of my existing .wps files to .docx. Will I be able to do this with LibreOffice?

MS Works files are among the list of files LO is able to open. However, I don’t know the level of support for them.

It’s funny to read “I will download it, but only if it can …”. This is free software, so nothing prevents you from downloading, trying if it fits your requirements, and then taking an informed decision.

Thanks so much for your answer. The reason I asked rather than just downloading, it just seems that every time I download a program, despite being brand new, this computer seems to develop another time-consuming and often times expensive issue. Weirdest computer I’ve had in 45 years. Would exchange it but it was a gift. And as a sole 24/7/365 caregiver with no money or spare time, didnt want to open up yet another can of worms. Again, my thanks.