Can not retrieve schema data, or create tmp files after upgrade to LibreOffice 7 Base

Hi

Was using Libre 6.1 from Debian 10 repo, Then had the bright idea to upgrade to 7 using the buster-backports

All apps look great and function well, but Base is giving me problems.

When opening an existing DB I get

SQL Status: HY000 Error code: 1

(conn=81) (conn=81) Can’t create/write
to file ‘/tmp/#sql_599_0.MYI’
(Errcode: 2)
/home/rene/Debian/Pakete/LibreOffice/libreoffice/libreoffice-7.0.1.1/connectivity/source/drivers/jdbc/Object.cxx:175

Note that /home/rene/ is not my home path, this seem to originate from the development environment.
and
Temporary path under ‘Tools-Options-Paths’ is set to /tmp

Next I tried to create a new connection to the mysql server using a direct connection. I could see the tables and there contents, but trying to create a form using the wizard resulted in

The field names from
‘information_schema.CHARACTER_SETS’
could not be retrieved.

Repeating the exercise with a MySql (JDBC) connection type resulted in being able to see the table names but trying to open a table for viewing gave

The data content could not be loaded.
/home/rene/Debian/Pakete/LibreOffice/libreoffice/libreoffice-7.0.1.1/connectivity/source/commontools/dbtools.cxx:751

SQL Status: HY000 Error code: 1

(conn=80) (conn=80) Can’t create/write
to file ‘/tmp/#sql_599_0.MYI’
(Errcode: 2)

/home/rene/Debian/Pakete/LibreOffice/libreoffice/libreoffice-7.0.1.1/connectivity/source/drivers/jdbc/Object.cxx:175

Sorry for the long post but thought it would be relavant.

Regards
Eric

… but thought it would be relavant.

Did you report to Buster backports packaging team? The infomation might be interesting for users of LibreOffice on Debian Buster, but putting this information solely on this site won’t result in any corrective action.

Am trying to do it now. Still reading the how to submit pages.