Can the 'Manage Conditional Formatting' notify me of errors in Conditions?

In the Calc Spreadsheet, can the ‘Manage Conditional Formatting’ screen warn me if it finds any errors? Make the 'Contains Errors" message visible when I first open up the screen. On page 1 so that I could see it if I had many Conditions. Or the error may occur at the end of a long line hidden under the window because the default screen is not wide enough.

Please highlight or check-mark each Condition containing errors as well.

If the error is in Condition 2 or up I have no indication that there is a problem.
eg. The ‘Manage Conditional Formatting’ screen shows #REF! errors only for the First Condition. And only if the error occurs in the visible part of the window.

These errors make a Condition not work. And I might never know about it if it’s not my spreadsheet.

Perhaps a toggle showing all conditions for all formats. Each error needs to be highlighted in case the error is hidden from view.

First view doesn’t show 2 errors.

A long line means scrolling right to view errors.

Errors not on page 1 means scrolling down to view errors.

A picture is worth a thousand words :wink: And a sample document is worth a thousand pictures.

Sorry. I did not see how to add pictures the first time around. Edited now. Thanks for looking.

Taking this as a question (not a feature request which would need to be reported to https://bugs.documentfoundation.org ):
Currently there is no notification concerning errors in formulas used to define conditions in CF.
Some experienced users develop their CF conditions (if not very simple) as cell formulas, debug them in this mode, and then copy/paste them into the CF manager.

[Edit 2021-05-28 about 17:25 GMT]
Regarding the comments below:

The formulas no longer working due to the action hint the problem in exactly the same way cell formulas do.

To get informed of the fact that there were induced errors (when deleting a row or column e.g.) you may try to work with a first condition like ISERROR(A1). This formula should return TRUE even if the error is based on a #REF! in the parameter position. You may signal this by a specific coloring for the CellStyle conditionally overlayd then. You can then use Ctrl+Z to return to the previous state, and to adapt formulas as needed.
Generally: Use deletion of Rows/Colums with caution. Where a reliable reference to the “actual current” cell A1 is urgently needed, use INDIRECT(“A1”).
[/Edit]

Conditional Formatting Errors can go unnoticed. Especially if it’s not my spreadsheet.

I will add it as a feature request. Thanks for the suggestion.

The more serious errors may be semantical ones. A fetureof the kind you seem to think of won’t be able to notify you of the issue.
An additional feature supporting the development and debugging of CF formulas might be an option to send the formula to the wizard already available for cell formulas. (Not yet thoroughly considered.)

Say I add a conditional format of 10 lines to my spreadsheet. Then delete the first line I get a #REF! error. I only know of this error if I open the ‘Manage Conditional Formatting’ screen and check. And it may be hidden.
The system knows there is an error because it doesn’t process this condition. It would be nice to highlight any errors so I can fix them. Anyways, my question looks like a feature request now so I will transfer it to that place.

What doi you call “a conditional format of 10 lines”? Are you talking of 10 conditionally formatted CellRanges objects or of one CellRanges having assigned 10 conditions?

Sorry. I don’t understand by what dependency a second condition gets ill the #REF! way due to the omission of the first condition.

Similar in the other case.

Create a condition that has a range of A1 to A10. Delete the first row and the conditional format gets a #REF! error. I was explaining a simple way to make an error that would show up.
If it is not my spreadsheet it would be easy to make this type of error.

OK. Clear now, of course.