can we tpye in telugu in libreoffice in fedora 17/18 i am using libreoffice 4.0 please tel me the process by which we can type in telugu in libreoffice
This should be possible. I have outlined the basic overall process. You will need to first ensure Fedora is setup:
- Install the language packages. This should also install the default font package
- Install additional fonts as required i.e., perhaps the
vemana2000-fontspackages. The University of Chicago South Asia Language Resource Center has a few more Telugu fonts.
- Set your keyboard layout to Telugu Inscript.
Make sure you have the Telugu (te) language pack (langpack):
Start up Writer and setup the LibreOffice language settings (Tools > Options… > Language Settings):
- Languages > Enhanced language support check Show UI elements for Bi-Directional writing.
- Writing Aids > User-defined dictionaries check the te-IN entry.
- Complex Text Layout > General options change the Numerals entry to Hindi if you want Devanagari numerals (१२३…) instead of the usual Arabic ones (123…). I don’t believe Telugu numerals (౧౨౩…) are supported.
Setup the default fonts to use (Tools > Options… > LibreOffice Writer > Basic Fonts (CTL)):
- Set each entry to use a font that supports Telugu from one of the fonts listed above e.g., Lohit Telugu.
Let us know if you are successful or encounter problems.