Can you see if a file that wasn’t supposed to be shared through libre office was shared ?

Can you see if a file that wasn’t supposed to be shared through libre office was shared ?

Have s feeling an important document was shared via another libre office account w/o permission. Can someone access libre office remotely on a different computer ?

What is “libre office account”?

Didn’t mean to put account sorry :face_with_hand_over_mouth:libre office. Someone borrowed my laptop and downloaded this on it but during the download, there were a bunch of white background tabs that popped up and an important file was downloaded so I would like to know if libre office can be accessed remotely in anyway?

Utter mess of an explanation… someone “downloaded this” - what? “there was a bunch of white background tabs that popped up” - where is “there” and what is a white background tab? “an important file was downloaded” - where?

In essence, LibreOffice itself does not open some backdoors, but if your laptop has got some while being “borrowed by someone”, “someone” could install any self-built program including any “inserts”, including LibreOffice. Just wipe and reinstall your OS.

Seems that you are a little angry. If you didn’t want to respond you didn’t have to. I really appreciate your feedback so, Thankyou but just a word of advice, If you are responding to people who need help, a more polite approach would suffice. Have an amazing day!:blush:

No, I was not angry. I simply pointed out what needed improvement in your description. Asking good questions is more important than one could imagine, because it’s an art that keeps giving. So I suppose that pointing out mistakes in questions is no less important than answers themselves, because it helps asker to improve in the future.

Very valid. Thanks for your time and response!

Someone borrowed my laptop […] Can you see if a file that wasn’t supposed to be shared through libre office was shared ?

If you suspect someone opened an important file on your own laptop, you could check when the file was last opened. If you have ls, you can see this by entering this in your shell:

ls -lu "My Important Document.odt"

You might be interested in reading about encrypting documents in LibreOffice to prevent similar incidents in the future.

Can someone access libre office remotely on a different computer ?

If remote login is enabled and you have the password, then yes, for example via VNC or X forwarding. (Not that I have any idea how this relates to the other question.)

You might also want to work a little bit on your explanations. I think you accidentally your question:

C:\fakepath\I-accidentally-93mb.jpg