Cannot format vertical spacing on different left header in Writer

I have a couple issues with this document, most of which I know how to address, however this one I need some guidance on. I have a document which is meant to be the same style throughout, with a different text in the header on left and right pages. I have unselected the option to have the left and right headers be the same. When I do this, I am then able to properly format the right header. The problem is, the left header doesn’t respect the spacing attribute when the option for the same content on left and right pages is deselected; in fact, it specifically changes the spacing when this is done.

If I go to Format Header from the drop down of either header, left or right, the changes I make only apply to the right header. I’m hoping this isn’t intentional behavior. Since it is modifying the Default Page Style, I would think the setting should apply to both, since I cannot find a setting on either the Left Header or Right Header styles in the style manager.

Presently running version 7.4.1.2.

And while I can’t explain it, after editing the footer, the spacing issue in the header seems to have been corrected? I don’t see the connection. The footer is set to the same on left and right pages. I’d be interested if anyone else can duplicate the issue, if not, oh well.

It seems to be a delayed redraw issue. I can see the effect but if I save, close and re-open it has gone.

Thanks for the clarification. Since I’m new to this forum, is this anything that should be reported, and if so, what’s the procedure for that? It’s pretty minor if that’s all it is, still, seems to be unintentional and something that might be easy to fix.

You have been beaten to it, Bug 129957 - Page Header: spacing does not update properly until file is saved and reloaded is duplicate of tdf#131132
You can add yourself to the CC list for bug 131132, the more on CC list the more visibility the bug has.

Workaround from the bug report ‘If the page size or orientation changes, then it works better - although no always perfect. Switching to web view and back “fixes” it.’

1 Like