Cannot open a text file via a push-button any longer in Base 7.0.1.2

I am using the latest Libre Office flatpak 7.0.1.2 on Fedora 32 Silverblue.
I can no longer open a text file via a push button in a form in LibreOffice Base, whether using an embedded or split database.

Here is the process that fails:
When editing a form I add a push button.
I open the control properties for the the new push button and,
I chose for Action: Open document/web page.
I then select the url: below (open document/web page)
After my selection in the file manager something like this appears: file:///var/home/xxx/mytextfile.txt (i.e. the apparent path to my textfile).
I then save my changes, and close the form for editing.
I reopen the form in the normal mode. When I click on the push button, nothing any longer happens. Nor are there any error messages that appear.
Formerly, I could open these text files will no problem. I suspect that the problem arose with the upgrade to LibreOffice 7.0.1.2.,

There seems to be an error, in this version of LibreOffice which affects at least some operating systems on this point.

After LO 7.x.x release, the API doesn’t “use” URL file name system but the local file name. So instead using
file:///var/home/xxx/mytextfile.txt (URL notation) use
var\home\xxx\mytextfile.txt.

See question “libreoffice 7 base does not require an absolute url to display a file”

Thank you as that indicates where the problem is. However, the difficulty is this, I cannot remove : file:///
If I simply paste in var\home\xxx\mytextfile.txt without “file:///”, close and save. Still nothing happens, but when I reopen to edit I see this instead of what I pasted in file:///run/media\xxx\mytextfile.txt not at all what I pasted in and saved, with the word file:/// added also. In previous versions, I do not recall the “file:///” every being there. Now it seems impossible to get rid of.

@QuartoDie,

Have been using this for a very long time. Currently on Ubuntu 20 with LO v 7.0.2.2 and still working. Using LO from TDF. Maybe it is where you are obtaining your LO files from (flatpack?).