Cannot reference cell value from one worksheet on another - in just certain cells!

I have a multi-worksheet spreadsheet, and I am trying to reference the value of one cell on one sheet in another. When I type “=” in the destination cell, and click on the cell to reference on the other sheet, the sheet:cell reference (i.e. =‘Monthly Plan’.B53), nothing happens. I get a red border around the target cell, but the reference is not made. Further more, I can make this operate as expected from other cells on this and other worksheets, it is just certain cells that will not work. I have tried adding and deleting rows, to no avail - it seems that certain columns on this worksheet will not let me reference cells from other worksheets. I upgraded to 3.5.6.2, but that has not changed anything.

Please open a bug report for it with a test document and a detailed instruction how to reproduce your problem. https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

As @mmohrhard notes above:

Please file a bug about this problem, and provide a test document and a list of steps that can reproduce it. The QA team will be happy to help you track down this issue!

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!