Cannot remove empty page after table of content

i have a table of content which is taking a whole page and after it there is an empty page, i couldn’t remove it. i tried to move the cursor just in the last line of TOC and press del key to remove any empty space that taking the new page but the dialog box says: “write protected content” like I’m deleting the table itself. so how to do to fix this?

Edit your question to mention OS name, LO version and save format (do this by clicking on …, then on the “pencil” icon).
Enable View>Formatting Marks. It is likely you have an empty paragraph after your TOC. As you say your TOC uses the whole page area, pushing the last paragraph to next page. The very last paragraph cannot be deleted in a Writer document.
You can mitigate the problem by modifying the properties of this last paragraph by assigning it a user-created paragraph style with no vertical spacing above and below and minimal 2-pt font size (or with direct formatting if you don’t master styles).
For a better diagnostic, attach a sample file.

1 Like

thank you. i find that there is a paragraph mark in the empty page after TOC and i assigned it a new style with 2-pt font size and now there no new page after the TOC. thank you.