Cannot remove text overflow indicator

I have a number of cells in my document where I want the width to be much smaller than the contents, and I would like to get rid of the text overflow indicators completely. I have located the text overflow settings in Options > LibreOffice > Application Colors, but unchecking the Text Overflow box does not remove the icons. I can change the colors, but I cannot remove them.

Is there any way to completely remove the text overflow icons?

Works for me (LibreOffice 7.6.7.2 on Windows).

Test in Safe Mode.

I restarted in safe mode, the check box reverted to checked. I unchecked it then hit apply and ok, but the text overflow indicators did not disappear.

Please, share LibreOffice version information (menu Help - About LibreOffice - copy button). Thanks.

Version: 24.2.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: bffef4ea93e59bebbeaf7f431bb02b1a39ee8a59
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22631; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: CL threaded

Works for me with
Version: 24.2.6.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: ef66aa7e36a1bb8e65bfbc63aba53045a14d0871
CPU threads: 16; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22631; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: es-ES (es_ES); UI: es-ES
Calc: CL threaded

1. Are you sure that’s a text overflow indicator, not a comment indicator, that you see?
  2. Provide a sample ODS with everything removed, except the two adjacent cells, allowing to see the problem.
1 Like

imagen
imagen

Okay, I recreated the issue on a new document, it turns out that the problem is not with all text overflow indicators, but is specifically when using a check box. I have changed the color of this indicators so you can see that these should be text overflow indicators, but are not removed when the checkbox is unchecked.

Can you share your sample file to test? Thanks.