Cannot start LibreOffice on Windows 10

Hi everyone, first time posting question. I suddenly cannot start LibreOffice at all. Yesterday it was still working fine, today it suddenly wouldn’t work.

Windows does not load LO at start-up, even though I set this option when installing. The icon does not show up in the toolbar.
The “center” does not launch.
The “safemode” does not start.
Double-clicking any file has no response.
There are no LO related process in the task manager.

LO Version: I tried both 7.6.7 and a clean-installed 7.5.01. Neither worked.

Edit: Antivirus: Avast free version, already set an exception for the entire LO folder.

Edit: I have also tried running the “center” and safemode as admin, no effect either.

I do not remember to have made any substantial change to the laptop or OS or antivirus systems before this issue started.

My Lenovo laptop has been behaving weirdly though, some its battery/power and memory management issues, so maybe it’s a combination of several factors?

(What also suddenly stopped working was Nvidia Experience. Also had to give it a clean-installation but it started working now, though not LO.)

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Edit: What seems to have helped is: I uninstalled LibreOffice, renamed “C:\Users\ (my user name)\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice” to “\LibreOffice_OLD”, and installed the latest stable 7.6.7.2 version, letting it create a new “LibreOffice” folder. Things appear to be working now; Windows 10 can load it at start-up, and files can be opened. Would still love to determine what caused it in the first place though!

I would be inclined to check the settings in your anti virus, especially if a paid-for version, see https://www.reddit.com/r/avast/comments/9rxkbh/avast_blocking_nvidia_experience/

Thank you for your suggestion. I am using the free version of Avast and have set an exception for LO, but still did not help.

The thing you need to make the exception for in Avast is C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\soffice.bin but it might have been selecgted by Avast anyway and it probably isn’t causing everything that you are experiencing.

This page might help, General Installation Issues (Windows) - The Document Foundation Wiki

That other programs are affected indicates there might be something wrong in Windows, this page might help, Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Hello, thank you very much for keeping replying to my question! I will look into these when I have time for experiment. And just for the record so others can see, what seems to have helped practically is:

I uninstalled LibreOffice, renamed “C:\Users\ (my user name)\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice” to “\LibreOffice_OLD”, and installed the latest stable 7.6.7.2 version, letting it create a new “LibreOffice” folder. Things appear to be working now; Windows 10 can load it at start-up, and files can be opened. Would still love to determine what caused it in the first place though!