Cannot write after Zotero citation special field in writer

Hi everyone,

this is a deliberate duplicate of How do I leave a special field inserted by Zotero? because it was closed but never answered.

I use the Zotero connector with LibreOffice Writer. After inserting a citation, I often cannot type after or before the inserted special field because Writer assumes I am still inside the special field. I do NOT want to edit the citation, I just want to continue writing but I can’t. It sounds stupid but I can’t find a way to add text after / before the field. Sometimes it works bust most of the time it does not. How do I leave the field?

LibreOffice version is 7.3.0.3. Zotero version is 5.0.96.3. Operating System is Manjaro Linux with the Gnome Desktop.

1 Like

Have you looked at Cannot exit the cross-reference ?

1 Like

I have, but there is no solution to my problem in that thread. Until today, this issue is unsolved.

If it is the bug referenced in the other question, tdf#81720 then you might be keen to look at Comment 42, including also “Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback”. LO 7.6.0 is available in pre-release on download page but for testing purposes you might be better to use a parallel installation.
Also see Release Plan 7.6 - The Document Foundation Wiki

1 Like

Thanks! I tested the fix with the 7.6.0.1-1 dev build available in the Arch User Repository and it indeed fixes my problem.

This is a deliberate duplicate of my answer to Cannot exit the cross-reference because this one was answered but never closed.

This is finally fixed in 7.6, I’ve just added it to the release notes.