Can't delete input fields in writer - they are like zombie vampires

Hello,

I am working with a new contract template. I converted a Word doc to an .odt file in LibreOffice and replaced the empty sections (such as date, names of parties, etc.) with input fields from Input - Functions - Input Field. This is (I think) how I had set things up with my previous contract template and it allows me to quickly fill in the blank fields by using Shift-⌘-F9 on my Mac for Review Fields.

The problem is that I added in one Input field too many and now, when I go to delete it from the template, it seems to get deleted, but as soon as I enter Review Fields, the unwanted Input Field reappears (and with the text that was previously in it.)

I’ve tried using delete, backspace and even Cut to try to get rid of it. I’ve selected forwards and backwards. I’ve included the previous and following paragraph in my selection. I’ve even tried copying over the section in plain text. But whatever I do, the field always seems to return from beyond the grave. If I time it right, I can still export a clean contract, but I’d like to not deal with this zombie field at all.

Does anyone know what I need to do to stick a stake into the heart of this field to get rid of it once and for all? Is there some secret trick for deleting it?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

In Writer, input fields for fillable documents are made with the so-called controls, see:

Create a fillable form in Writer

But I am not sure if the concepts for fillable forms can be easily taken over from Word. So whether this works at all so.

If you want, you can upload a reduced and anonymized document with the field in question here.

To upload, edit your initial question, there in the edit mode you will find an icon for uploading.

Someone could look at it then.