Cant open base in Libre 5.4.3 on a Mac running latest OS

hello, installed Libre 5.4.3 and Java SE on a Mac running latest OS. Can’t base to open beyond create a new database when the screen locks up with the spinning beachball of death and I have to force quite, any ideas? Thanks

Hello,

As this question has been answered dozens of times, I will refer you to my answer in this post which contains further links for more info.

If this answers your question please click on the :heavy_check_mark: (upper left area of answer).

Resolved now. Thanks for the reply, I had downloaded Java JRE8, it didn’t resolve the issue, hence my posting, then I read that I needed JDK version which when installed resolved the problem and I can now open the database package.

@pwdin Glad problem is resolved.

Please do NOT use an answer (it is for response to original question only) for a response to an answer. Instead use a comment to the answer you are responding to.

Also, if this solved your problem, why didn’t you click on the :heavy_check_mark: in the answer? This signifies the question was answered correctly and lets others searching for answers know such.