can't print, just saves document

I find document, open and send to print. Request box asks if I wan’t to save. I don’t so I say No and then the document won’t print. What’s happening here? Why when I am trying to print does it need to know if I want to save the doc?

Try again but this time use Ctrl+P so you get the print dialog showing. In the General tab, at the top what printer is showing? If it is not the printer you expect then click the dropdown to select the one that you want, make any adjustments and OK to print.

The printer asking to save is likely to be a pdf printer or some other print to file such as XML or text.

1. Check that the default printer set in your operating system is the one that you want
  2. It might be possible that the file you are printing from has a particular printer saved for it to use. If so, then saving the file again after printing to your printer will save that printer as the one to use.

You used tags common and writer - is your question common or related to writer only (common would include writer)?

> I find document, open and send to print.

This description requires guesswork. It is absolutely unclear where (application) you did that, what open means (what, how, which application performs the open) and where you find a send to print functionality.